Our submissions are open on a rolling basis. We accept poetry, short fiction, creative non-fiction, reviews, and features.
Since moving online, we no longer run issues on a themed basis, but we are looking for writing which centres women, non-binary, and LGBTQIA+ voices. SEVERINE will always be a safe space for your writing.
We ask that you follow the below guidelines, and apologise that due to the number of submissions we receive, we’re currently unable to send individual feedback.
- Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as a .doc attachment (please do not send PDFs), and should include a brief bio (~50 words) including any web/social links in the body of the email.
- Poetry submissions should be sent as a single attachment, with a maximum of 3 poems.
- Short fiction and creative non-fiction should have maximum of 1,500 words.
- Review and feature pieces should be no longer than 1,000 words.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcomed, but please inform us as soon as possible if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- By submitting, you are stating that the work submitted is your own, and that you own any copyright or publication rights. You will always retain all copyright and publication rights to your work.
- We will not publish writing featuring racist language, sexual violence, misogyny, homophobia, etc. Don’t send it to us.
As we are a very small operation, please note that we are currently unable to offer monetary compensation to our writers.